Student Poster Sessions
ASIANetwork Annual Conference
Time: Three-hour sessions
Location: Tables in the hotel conference area
Format: Students will share 8ft. tables with each presentation on a tabletop display board
Size: Corrugated Display Board. Trifold design opens to 36” x 48”; side panels, 12”; center, 24”
Additional Media: Laptops (optional) to share photos and brief videos
What to bring? Display board. Laptop, extension cords, etc., as needed
Advice for Posters
- Make information visible and readable from 5ft. away.
- Limit text. Headings with bullet points work well.
- Use visual media (photos, diagrams, etc.).
- Place information in a logical order that viewers can follow.
- Include information that will generate comments and discussion.
- Avoid including too much information: Make it possible for the viewer to take in the information in about 30 seconds.
- Prepare a brief oral summary of your presentation (1 or 2 minutes) to use with people who express interest in your project.
- Consult with your faculty advisor, library or career services office for additional advice.
Engaging Your Audience: The poster should catch people’s attention. Then it is up to you to engage your audience. You’ve put a lot of work into your project. Share it with enthusiasm.
Search “conference poster presentation guidelines” for more helpful websites.
Corrugated Display Boards