Student Poster Sessions
ASIANetwork Annual Conference
Time: Three-hour sessions
Location: Tables in the conference area
Format: Students will share 6 ft. tables with each presentation on a tabletop display board
Size: Corrugated Display Board. Trifold design opens to 36” x 48”; side panels, 12”; center, 24”. Rollable posters can be designed to fit these display boards. Or photos and text can be attached to the display boards.
Additional Media: Laptops (optional) to share photos and brief videos
What to bring? Rollable poster or other materials to display on the trifold display board along with laptop, cords, etc., as needed.
ASIANetwork will provide display boards for those who need them. Hotels do not allow posters to be mounted on walls.
Advice for Posters
- Make information visible and readable from 5ft. away.
- Limit text. Headings with bullet points work well.
- Use visual media (photos, diagrams, etc.).
- Place information in a logical order that viewers can follow.
- Include information that will generate comments and discussion.
- Avoid including too much information: Make it possible for the viewer to take in the information in about 30 seconds.
- Prepare a brief oral summary of your presentation (1 or 2 minutes) to use with people who express interest in your project.
- Consult with your faculty advisor, library or career services office for additional advice.
Engaging Your Audience: The poster should catch people’s attention. Then it is up to you to engage your audience. You’ve put a lot of work into your project. Share it with enthusiasm.
Search “conference poster presentation guidelines” for more helpful websites.