As an AAS affiliate-organization, ASIANetwork sponsors one or two organized panels and/or roundtable sessions at the Association for Asian Studies annual conference each year. Sponsorship by affiliate organizations counts favorably in the AAS review process, but does not guarantee acceptance by the AAS program committee.
Submission Process for the 2020 AAS Annual Conference in Boston
Based on a near-final draft of the AAS proposal, submit the session title and abstract along with a list of session members that includes their paper titles and institutional affiliations by email to the AN Executive Director by Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Proposals also must be submitted to AAS following all of the proposal submission guidelines in the AAS Call for Proposals by the deadline set by AAS. If selected by ASIANetwork as a sponsored panel, the organizer should indicate this in the AAS submission.
Selection Criteria and Details
1. At least one of the proposal’s leaders (organizer, chair, or respondent) must be in the AN member registry and employed at or retired from an AN member institution.
2. Preference is given to proposals with more than one AN member and an explicit connection to undergraduate education.
3. Selection will be made by the Executive Committee of ASIANetwork by August 1.
4. If selected by ASIANetwork as a sponsored panel, the organizer should indicate this in the AAS submission.
5. AN-sponsored sessions accepted by AAS will be listed in the AAS conference program as sponsored by ASIANetwork.
AAS Statement on Sponsored Sessions – Session proposals may be sponsored by various organized groups such as committees and affiliates. Sponsorship may or may not entail financial support, but primarily indicates a level of pre-vetting and assurance of the session’s quality and importance by the sponsoring group or institution, which is taken into consideration by the AAS Program Committee during the review process. Please note, sponsored sessions are not guaranteed acceptance and must undergo normal competitive review.